The 2015 e-COI disclosure is now available at http://go.osu.edu/coi. Federal regulations require that all persons who are involved in the design, conduct, or reporting of research must complete an annual COI disclosure. Federal regulations, State of Ohio laws, OSU policies, and accreditation requirements also mandate that faculty, staff, and students who are key personnel on research protocols involving the use of human subjects, animals, or biohazardous materials in research also be screened for potential COIs. Finally, Ohio State Faculty Group Practice (FGP) policy requires that members of the FGP file an annual COI disclosure. Therefore, university policy and procedures require that the following individuals complete an annual COI disclosure:
- Faculty, staff, and students who have been investigators or senior/key personnel on a sponsored projects in the past 12 months;
- Faculty, staff, and students who received salary support during the past 12 months from specific federal grants or industry-sponsored projects, which require COI reporting;
- Faculty, staff, and students who are listed as an investigators or key personnel on a current institutional review board (IRB), institutional biosafety committee (IBC), or institutional animal care and use committee (IACUC) protocol;
- Member physician of The Ohio State University Faculty Group Practice (FGP); or
- Any employee of The Ohio State University with a fiduciary or financial responsibility to the University.
The above-listed individuals are asked to complete their disclosures on or before May 22, 2015. Please note that the federal regulations and university policy require faculty, staff, and students to update their COI disclosures within thirty days of receiving any new financial interests.
- Sign onto the e-COI disclosure at http://go.osu.edu/coi using your OSU Internet Username (name.#) and password.
- You will first be presented with information concerning university COI policy, federal requirements and the COI disclosure process. Once you’ve read through the introductory materials, click “Continue to Disclosure Form.” You will be taken to the e-COI disclosure. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the form.
- The information you disclosed on your 2014 COI disclosure form will appear at the top of each company page.
- Your progress in completing the form will also be tracked along the left side of the disclosure.
- Any updates you make when filling out the form are saved whenever you click any of the “Save” buttons.
- When finished, you must verify that the information you provided is accurate by clicking, “I verify that the above information is correct,” prior to clicking the “Submit Disclosure” button at the bottom of the form (or last section of the form). Please note that your form will electronically route to your department chair or dean, if you have disclosed a significant financial interest, only after you click this “Submit Disclosure” button.
- Once your chair or dean has reviewed and electronically signed your disclosure and you are affiliated with a research project, it will route to the Office of Research Compliance for review and electronic signature.
- Your OSU Internet Username (name.#) and password are required for login. If you are not affiliated with The Ohio State University, contact the ORIS Help Desk.
- For assistance in filling out the eCOI disclosure, click the Instructions button from within the form (the book icon in the upper left hand corner).
- Help with regulatory or procedural issues is available by e-mail: ConflictInfo@osu.edu.
- Technical assistance with the eCOI application is available at ORIS Help Desk.